While I’ve been away from Shelf Talk for a few weeks now, I did answer some questions on Quora, a really cool community where people ask questions and others provide answers.
I stumbled upon a few that are related to the consumer packaged goods industry and took a stab at them:
- Are value, supermarket brands really made in the same factory as the big brands?
- What proportion of a grocery retailers revenue comes from slotting fees and other manufacturer promotional incentives?
- What have been the winning strategies for the major U.S. supermarket chains?
- Why would a grocery store refuse to honor a manufacturer’s coupon?
- How much is spent annually on CPG trade promotions in the USA?
- How do brands know what is happening in the store?
If you’ve read some of my posts here on this blog, you might recognize bits and pieces of the answers already.
And, here’s where you can see my profile and follow me: http://www.quora.com/Scott-Sanders